Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Clues from my subconscious

 I'm a big believer in signs, I think they're everywhere and we just need to be open to them. Sometimes they're in the most unexpected places. For example, today I was going through some of my old emails and profiles and noticed something that really surprised me. Up until recently, I rarely if ever capitalized my name. Now to most people it may not seem like a big deal but having gone through a battle with my own self loathing I was able to recognize that was just one more sign of my lack of self love that I hadn't noticed before.

You see every time something is important you capitalize it. Ever since elementary school I was taught that the first letter of important names were always capitalized. Did I not think my name was important enough to merrit a capital R, damnit?!...Clearly, I didn't. I found myself getting annoyed by this lack of capital letters in my name because I knew it meant more. This wasn't just about me being too lazy or in too much of a rush to capitalize things. This was a direct reflection of the lack of self worth and self love I'd experienced in the past.



It's crazy how these little signs are everywhere. There are always clues that let you know there's something you need to work on. Even the feelings we supress and things we try to hide find their way into the light in one way or another. Most of the time we're just too busy rushing through life, to see these warning signs. Other times we overlook these things and write them off as being insignificant. But we have to become more aware of these little signs, it's guidance. Subconsciously you KNOW there's a problem and you WANT to fix. These little clues you see as "insignificant" can really help bring to the surface things we need to address and wounds we need to heal.
So take a an honest look at yourself, and get curious about the things you do and why you do them. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that there is always a reason and deeper meaning to everything we do.

Much ♥
'R'osi

No comments:

Post a Comment