Saturday, December 10, 2011

Regret




I was thinking about my life this morning and all the ways it could be different. I started going through all the choices I've made and began to have an internal dialogue. I thought about the job I left and how I should've held in there for a little bit longer. I mean sure I was unhappy but at least it gave me a source of income. It would've been practical to suck it up and stay there, but when you feel like you're drowning and start to see life pass you by the last thing on your mind is practicality. So here I am, unempolyed with bills to pay and I thought hmm have I hit rock bottom? but instinctively I felt something within me say no..I needed all of this, I've made no mistakes because there is no such thing. Then it hit me this is what it feels like to not have any regrets. Feels like freedom, and it's authentic this time. It's not like all the other times I said I had no regrets but in the back of my mind kep holding on to all the "what ifs" of the past wanting to do it differently. For the first time ever I'm truly embracing my life and where I am. I can honestly say that from the moment I left that job I've been working on myself, growing. I realize now that any hardships I've encountered because of that decision were necessary and essential to my growth and happiness. Had I not left that job I wouldn't have had the time to get in touch with what it is I really want and maybe I would not have been able to make the decision to align my career with what I feel is my purpose. I mean yea I may not see all the money I'd like in my bank account right now, but I trust I will soon. Plus I think finding your sense of purpose and happiness is worth waaaaaaay more than they could've ever paid me. So if I could do it all over again, I'd do it all the same. I know now that not regreting anything means learning from everything.


2 comments: